So, the end of January is upon us and that means I have to give you an update on Cliche January – or my journey with the other masses of people trying to remove the Christmas chocolates from my ass.
I’ll tell you now – the numbers are not too impressive. My weight is generally the same, but I can live with that, maybe down a couple of pounds. I am sleeping better, and feeling better also.
For the first 2 weeks of January, I was sick, so getting in exercise proved to be difficult when all you really wanted to do was lie on the couch and moan. Work also got quite overwhelming for a while, so I really just wanted to lie and the couch and be left alone.
So instead of beating myself up about that, I will celebrate the times I got off the couch. This month I:
- Got outside to run 2 X 5+K. This is difficult to do because when I leave for and return from work, it is dark. I don’t feel comfortable running in the dark alone, so it ends up being Saturday and Sunday. Also, I don’t really have proper rain gear, so it has to be a Saturday or Sunday when it is not raining. All in all, that is 25% success rate of the 8 available days.
- I did 130 squats according to the Squats Pro App I have.
- I hit the gym in our building about 6 times this month and while that number is not very high, it is 6 more times than I actually did in December. Besides the hordes of Cliche January-ers are there, and it bugs me to be part of their movement, so okay.
- Went for a 17 km walk with Emile around the sea wall and Stanley Park. That was a long walk.
- I went to a spin class at a GoodLife gym which was pretty hard but I did the whole thing. Classes are included in a gym membership there, which I do not really want (see noted gym in my building), but they charge $15/class for drop in fees. Which then makes the gym membership thing cheaper than taking classes. So, waiting to understand how Emile’s contract renewal is going to look – don’t want to sign up for a long term commitment right now.
- I took a healthy lunch to work every day. And packed one for Emile too.
- I stopped caffeine again (and so much better for it).
- Use Mind Jogger to remind me to “Drink some Water” and “Count to 10 and breathe” twice a day each.
- Watched 5 episodes of the Biggest Loser. (doesn’t that count?)
There is lots of room for improvement in Fit February, and I am committed to continuing my efforts.
January 31st, 2013 Extra-Ordinary: Cliche January’s mixed success rate inspires me to keep on moving into Fit February.