I don’t often get sick, which is a good thing. I don’t deal with sickness well. I whine and complain and don’t get enough sleep, have endless showers and moan about how I am probably dying. However, I will share with you my wisdom:
1. The cold is always the worst first thing in the morning. It will get better as the day progresses. You can honestly say, it can’t get worse from here
2. It’s okay to lay down in the shower and let its curing hot water loosen up the phlegm and mucus that is lying around in there.
3. If you can’t stop coughing, have a spoonful of brown sugar. It feels so good.
4. Don’t use anything but plain Vaseline on your angry red nose. No stinging, just pure relief. (and a greasy face, but it’s totally worth it)
5. Stuffing Kleenex up your nose is totally normal and it feels really good. And it gives you a break from blowing.
6. Sinuses must be really really big because I can’t understand where all of this . . . stuff is being stored.
7. Take drugs at night, but avoid drugs during the day – even if they say non-drowsy, they make you feel loogy.
8. When you are starting to get better, your voice will probably sound the worst. You can milk this if you need to.
January 5th, 2012 Extra-Ordinary: On the mend.