I’ve been up since 3:30 am because I went to bed at 10 with a little help from Happy Hours.
I was invited out for an Unemployed Person Pub Crawl last night that started at 3 pm and covered 3 bars and eventually my house.
There was a spreadsheet schedule and everything. No, I didn’t make it. Yes, I know – strange- I didn’t make it.
I make it sound like there was a huge group of us – but there were only 2. Until the employed people showed up – they had to wait til they finished work. Whatevs.
I have some advice.
- Don’t text and drink. This is not unique nor uncommon advice, but I just want to say that to bring the message really home. I did send a very nice picture of my eyebrow to Alison. It was looking particularly well groomed, I’m sure she appreciated it, looked in the mirror and wondered how she could get a brow like mine.
- Don’t drink with sales executives. They can beat us all – its their profession.
- Don’t answer someone’s phone when it rings. It causes chaos, and you can’t hear them anyways in a bar.
- Have some movies ready to go. By 8:00 am I have already polished off Fast and the Furious 6 (which I also figured out how X character died in Tokyo Drift and still managed to appear in 4, 5, and 6) and Safe. I love Jason Stratham. That man can do no wrong – and he is a killer. But an honest one.
- Do not discuss potential employment with anyone during bar crawls. Just. Don’t.
March 5th, 2016 Extra-ordinary: Happy Hour is cheap. (and expensive).